Address: Çukurambar Mah. Öğretmenler Caddesi No: 14 06530 Yüzüncüyıl Ankara, Turkey
Phone: +90 312 284 4500/245
Fax: + 90 312 286 8203
Bachelor City and Regional Planning (1996-2001)
Masters Economics (2001-2003)
Ph.D. City and Regional Planning (2003-2008)
Research Interests: social cohesion, spatial and social dimensions of urban renewal, housing satisfaction, participatory planning, student-centered education, basic design.
CRP 101 – Basic Design Studio for Planners
CRP 102 – Introduction to Planning Studios
CRP 225 – Research in Planning
CRP 230– Urban Sociology
Selected Publications / Conference Proceedings / Book Chapters
- Kahraman, Z. E. ve Ozdemir, S. S., Kentsel Dönüşümü Gündeme Gelen Bir Alan İçin Konut Memnuniyeti Araştırması: Türk-iş Blokları Örneği, Megaron, 2017, 619-634.
- Orhan, E., & Kahraman, Z. E., Quality of life in regeneration areas: Empirical findings from Akpınar neighbourhood, Ankara, Turkey, Planlama, 2017, 27:3, 314-328 .
- Kahraman, Z. E., Revealing student expectations on knowledge, skills and teaching methods of design courses, In Research on Social Sciences, Eds. Mehmet Ali Icbay, H. Arslan and F. Jacobs, 2016, 95-102, Frankfurt: Peter Lang.
- Şengül, S.Ç., Sakarya, A.O., Kaya, H.V., Kahraman, Z.E., A System Design for Facilitating Human Resource Decisions in Small and Medium Sized Enterprises in Turkey, Universal Journal of Management, 2015, Vol. 3: 6, 230-239.
- Kahraman Z. E. and Sakarya A. O., Student participation in the Bologna Process: A case study from Turkey, Croatian Journal of Education (indexed by SSCI), 2014, Vol. 2/2014, p. 385-420.
- Kahraman Z. E., Integration Strategies Of Turkish Immigrants Living in Kreuzberg, Berlin, In Migration – Global Processes Caught in National Answers, Eds. Mehmet Okyayuz, Peter Herrmann, Claire Dorrity, 2014, 54-78, Wienerverlag für Sozialforschung, Germany, ISBN: 9783944690087.
- Kahraman, Z. E. Dimensions of Housing Satisfaction: A Case Study Based on Perceptions of Rural Migrants Living in Dikmen. METU JFA, 2013, Vol. 30:1, 1-27.
- Kahraman Z. E., Defining Urban Integration through Active Participation of Rural Migrants. In Identities, cultures, spaces: Dialogue and change, ed. Fernando Kuhn, 2013, 83-106, Cambridge Scholars Publishing, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK, ISBN: 978-1-4438-4610-3.
- Kahraman Z. E., Urban Integration as A Multi-Dimensional Process: A Case Study in Dikmen. In Ethnically Diverse City, ed. Frank Eckardt and John Eade, 2011, 25-45, Future Urban Research in Europe Series, Fellowship Programme of the European Commission Publications, BWW Berliner Wissenschats-Verla, Almanya, ISBN: 978-3-8305-1641-5.
- Ataöv A. and Kahraman Z. E., Constructing Collaborative Processes Through Experiential Learning: Participatory Urban Planning, Habitat International, Vol. 33, 2009, 378-386.
Academic Honors / Awards
2009– METU Best PhD Dissertation Award, Graduate School of Natural and Applied Sciences, Middle East Technical University, Turkey.
2008– Fellow of EU- Future Urban Research in Europe Fellowship Programme (post-doc), Bauhaus University, Germany.
2003 – M.S.E. Graduate (First in rank), Department of Economics, METU.
Vice Dean, Faculty of Architecture, Cankaya University, Ankara, Turkey (November 2016- present).
Chairperson, Department of City and Regional Planning, Cankaya University, Ankara, Turkey (April 2012-present).
Chairperson, Department of Interior Architecture, Cankaya University, Ankara, Turkey (July 2010-July 2011).