Adress: Öğretmenler Cad. no:10 Çankaya Üniversitesi Balgat Kampüsü, Mimarlık Fakültesi Şehir ve Bölge Planlama Bölümü, İşçi Blokları Mahallesi, Çankaya / ANKARA
Tel: +90 312 284 45 00
Fax: +90 312 286 82 03
Bachelor City and Regional Planning, Middle East Technical University, 2007
Ph.D on Bs. City and Regional Planning, Middle East Technical University, 2012
Research Interest: Disaster Planning, Risk Society, Workplace Geography, Planning Theory
CRP 201 – Planning Studio I
CRP 202 – Planning Studio II
CRP 219 – Urban Infrastructure and Transportation Planning
CRP 317 – Urban Renewal Processes
CRP 328 – Planning Theory
CRP 332 – Environment, Risk and Mitigation Planning
CRP 370 – New Political Debates in Planning
KENT 503 – Theoretical Framework of Urban Transformation
Selected Publications / Conference Proceedings / Book Chapters
- ORHAN, E. (2016) Building the community resilience: Lessons from business preparedness in the case of Adapazarı, Turkey, Disasters, 40(1): 45-64. DOI:10.1111/disa.12132.
- ORHAN, E. (2014) The role of lifeline losses in business continuity in the case of Adapazari, Turkey, Environmental Hazards, 13(4): 298-312, DOI: 10.1080/17477891.2014.922914.
- ORHAN, E. (2016), Urban spatial structuring following disasters: Empirical findings from location choices of businesses in Adapazari, Turkey, Journal of Risk Research, 19(7): 964-982, DOI: 10.1080/13669877.2016.1143864.
- ORHAN, E. (2015) The consequences of security cognition in post-disaster urban planning practices in the case of Turkey, Natural Hazards, 76(1): 685-703, DOI 10.1007/s11069-014-1497-5.
- ORHAN, E. (2016) Lessons learned from businesses to ensure community level recovery in a post-disaster period: A case from Adapazari, Turkey, Natural Hazards Review, 17(1): 05015002-1/12, DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)NH.1527-6996.0000191.
- ORHAN, E. (2016) Reading urban vulnerabilities through urban planning history: An earthquake prone city case from Turkey, METU JFA, 33(2): 139-159. DOI: 10.4305/METU.JFA.2016.2.5.
- ORHAN, E. (2016) Reflection of political restructuring on urban symbols: The case of Presidential palace in Ankara, Turkey, Journal of Architecture and Urbanism, 40(3): 206-219, DOI: 10.3846/20297955.2016.1210046.
- ORHAN, E. (2017) Factors affecting post-disaster location choices of businesses: An analysis of the 1999 Earthquake, Environmental Hazards, 16(4), 363-382,DOI: 10.1080/17477891.2017.1328350.
- ORHAN, E. (2016) Investigating the “Ruins of Modernity” of the city: The case of Stone Ateliers, Denizli, Planlama, 26(2): 160-168.DOI: 10.14744/planlama.2016.87587.
- ORHAN, E. (2017) Quality of life in regeneration areas: Empirical findings from Akpınar neighbourhood, Ankara, Turkey, Planlama, DOI: 10.14744/planlama.2017.75436.
Academic Honours / Awards
2000-2012 – TÜBİTAK Scholarship
2012 – METU Graduate School of Natural and Applied Sciences / Course Performance Award